INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting Question  (Read 791 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Sorting Question
« on: April 14, 2019, 06:43:07 pm »

When I view SHOWS via Panel or though Android software, and I then choose a specific series, the episodes are not sorted in the correct order.

How do I correct this?

see attached photo

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sorting Question
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 11:12:08 pm »

Where's the photo Dave?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 06:11:23 am »

photo added above

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 06:20:11 pm »

I was hoping the photo would show which Android software you were talking about, since it may make a difference.

Anyway, you can edit the Views available for JRemote, Gizmo, and Panel in "Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customise views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel...".

The default Views defined in there are very basic. Take a look at the Theatre View view definitions to get ideas on how to make them work the way you want, including sorting. Note that you seem to need to restart MC Server for changes made to appear in Panel. They don't appear immediately. Also, the process doesn't emulate Theatre View views exactly, as there is no "Toggle list style" in Panel. You have to manually build the View features more, and use "Expression to display" to fill in the gaps. Although I found that a bit frustrating with the testing I did.

But then, your photo shows what looks like a list of filenames, so have you already been altering the default Views? Or are you just using a file list View or something? What I think was the default view in my system is quite different.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

battlescarze

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:39:31 pm »

Jim, I have uploaded a playlist and have been emailed a link to view it but I get an error.  See attached screen shot.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 08:53:59 pm »

This belongs in a different thread.  I'll move it later.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 06:16:23 am »

RoderickGI - Thanks it worked.  I knew there was a setting but I just could not find it!

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up