INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How import a folder as Video data type and media sub type movie ?  (Read 1005 times)

saltanar

• Recent member

Please, can any one explain how and/or  give me the right command line to Auto Import files from a Folder with  data type video and media sub type Movie for Iso and Mkv?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How import a folder as Video data type and media sub type movie ?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 06:47:59 am »

Did you set up Auto Import?  It's explained in the wiki.

saltanar

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 06:35:22 pm »

Yes I use auto import to do this but some movies go in the documents section and some movies are not tagged as movie. I want to force all iso and mkv to data type and movie media sub type

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 06:56:10 pm »

If, for example, you put all movies in a directory \Movies\, and Auto Import is set to look in that directory, then edit the settings for that directory in Auto Import setup and add records in the "Apply these tags (optional)" section.

[Media Type]=Video
[Media Sub Type]=Movie

Done.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 08:49:16 pm »

If you don't want everything in the auto import directory to be [Media Type]=Video, [Media Sub Type]=Movie, then you can use these expressions to apply the rules to iso's only.

[Media Type]=If(IsEqual([File Type],iso,8),Video,[Media Type])

[Media Sub Type]=If(IsEqual([File Type],iso,8),Movie,[Media Sub Type])

saltanar

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 02:54:11 pm »

when I try to Apply these tags (optional)" section.

[Media Type]=Video
[Media Sub Type]=Movie

JRiver ask me to choose  a field.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 06:25:24 pm »

I wrote that in expression notation.

What you actually do in the dialogue is select a field: Media Type
Enter a value below: Video

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up