INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD and Pcm  (Read 672 times)

terrys999

• Recent member
DSD and Pcm
« on: April 18, 2019, 07:45:48 am »

hi all
how do i separate pcm albums from dsd albums?

when i import say my dsd albums  then i import all my pcm albums,   they are all mixed up.

is it possible to add library view  for each type?

i am using jremote from ipad.

i am new to jriver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DSD and Pcm
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 08:30:13 am »

One simple way is to enter dsd or -dsd in the search window.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 09:21:08 am »

You should learn to create your own Views. Right click on  a view from the left hand "tree" - such as the Album view - and select Customize View.  Then select Set Rules for File Display. For a view of DSD files set the selection criteria by creating a rule with the tag File Type equal to dsf or dff.  For non-DSF you can set it to not dsf or dff.  You will need to save the new view under a new name like Albums - DSD or Albums - PCM.    You can create all sorts of views separated by things like Genre and Year and Sample Rate  If you have files other than Audio, you can also set a rule for Media Type is Audio. 

With these views you can create all sorts of customized views.

At the top of the view, where is says Album (for Album View) click on Album and select Thumbnail Text. You can add multiple lines of text using any tags you wish.  That will help you identify different types of albums in the view. I typically do Genre, Artist, Album on separate lines. You can also add things like Sample Rate. In that same area, you can set a sort order. Again, lots of customization is possible.

DJLegba

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 03:03:09 pm »

It's easy to set up a custom view that displays only DSD files. Just add a rule requiring "Bit Depth is 1". And for a custom view of PCM files only, the rule would be "Bit Depth is not 1".
Pages: [1]   Go Up