INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I one license two computers  (Read 1591 times)

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
I one license two computers
« on: January 21, 2003, 10:57:51 am »

I have just purchased mj8 and installed it on the primary computer.  I tried downloading it using the registration code and install for the second computer and it did not install.  I read about being able to use the install key for two weeks to put mj on other computers, where do i find that key if it is different from the registration code.  If it is not different how do I install mj on the second computer?  Please help

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: I one license two computers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 11:37:09 am »

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 05:22:00 pm »

This topic doesn't exist on this board. 1038006816[url] : 15528.

This happened when I tried to go there.  Please help again.  Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003, 05:56:03 pm »

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 11:27:29 am »

Sorry for the delay, I was just released from the hospital.  Your reference to the purchase page does not help.  As I said, I just purchased the license and want to install the jukebox on my second computer.  I tried once and now it says that i have used one of my license restores, which i did not want to use, but still the jukebox is not on the second computer.  I am not computer literate and would appreciate specific instructions on how to accomplish this task.  Thank you

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 12:01:07 pm »

when you do the restore, you'll see a web page with your registration code as a clickable link (it may be hidden behind other Internet Explorers). Right click on that link, choose save as, and save it. You'll now have a file you can carry to the second computer, and once copied there, just double click it. Then you'll be licensed.

j

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 07:22:18 pm »

Thank you for your help.  I am really not this stupid with most other things, but this is a real puzzler.  I followed your instructions.  I have used two restores and have two copies on my computer, I am not sure how I used two restores, but I seem to have wasted them.  I tried e-mailing the copy to the other computer and copying it to a disc.  Both times the computer upstairs gave me this error message when I clicked on the copy I tried transporting:   Windows cannot open this file:  'Media Jukebox8-20163.mjr.  Windows needs to know exactly what program created this file do you want to go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually browse the programs on your computer.'  I am now at a loss and afraid I will lose all of my allocated restores without accomplishing what I am trying to do.  What do you want me to do next?  Please don't tell me to go away

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 09:06:09 pm »

Windows needs to know exactly what program created this file

This may seem obvious....  but have you installed MJ on the computer upstairs? If not, you need to download MJ onto the computer upstairs, install it, and THEN double click on Media Jukebox8-20163.mjr.

The .mjr file is strictly a license file, and will not install MJ onto your computer for you.

My apologies if you have already done this and I just didn't see it when reading your posts.
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2003, 07:02:41 am »

I haven't done that.  I didn't think I was supposed to download the trial version first.  I will try it as soon as my nephew gets up.  He worked late last night.  I will let you know after I try it.  Thanks very much.

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 08:28:35 am »

:) ;) :D ;D

It worked.  Thanks so much for your help and advice now the music can really be enjoyed on both computers!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up