INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd freezing at end of some songs...  (Read 490 times)

zonka

• World Citizen
Odd freezing at end of some songs...
« on: April 19, 2019, 08:45:53 pm »

I'm using MC 25 from my pc as server feeding a NUC running as a client (via an ethernet connection).  Both instances are completely up to date with latest versions.  Here's the issue: with about 8 to 10 seconds left in some songs (it seems random) the song hangs, the status bar doesn't move, and it sits there for about 5 or 6 seconds then begins the next song.  Very frustrating - never had this issue with any past versions...
Has anyone else seen this?  It happens in both standard view and theater view.
Any ideas would be very helpful - I haven't changed any settings.  This was happening before and after the latest update (I was hoping that would fix it but it didn't).  Also, the NUC is only using about 5% of CPU power but about 31% of memory (would that be an issue?)

Thanks for your help in advance:)

zonka

• World Citizen
Re: Odd freezing at end of some songs...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 09:42:36 am »

Is anyone willing to offer suggestions? Is Windows using 31% of memory a possible reason for the spinning circles that pause play or occur during clicking on folders or commands occasionally? Or is 31% about right?
Any help/advice that can help me streamline the NUC Windows settings to get a smoother experience (fewer delays between song switches, etc..) would be appreciated.
Thanks

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 03:30:01 pm »

Could you give some details of your current settings under tools>Options>audio >memory playback. Are the files on the server or on a NAS drive?

zonka

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 09:14:58 pm »

Thank you for your reply. I have it set to no memory playback and the files are played from the hard drive of my pc in another room via ethernet to a NUC.
Should I use memory playback? Is that the suggested  setting?
Pages: [1]   Go Up