INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Tuner Not Recognised  (Read 1127 times)

dumfy

• Recent member
TV Tuner Not Recognised
« on: April 20, 2019, 04:55:12 am »

Hi everyone,

Am using Media Center version 22 on Win 10 Pro and the TV tuner I have in the PC is recognised, sets up and works perfectly.

I tried Media Center 24 upgrade and now the tuner fails to be recognised no matter what I try. I've had to go back to version 22 as a result.

Any ideas what this may be caused by? The TV card is from Hauppauge and is for DVT UK. I can't remember the model number, but can get that if required.

Would be nice to upgrade to the latest version of JRiver.

With many thanks

Dumfy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: TV Tuner Not Recognised
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 06:33:40 am »

MC25 is on our download page.  It's worth a try.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 11:09:16 am »

Can you clarify what you meant by "not recognized"?  If you run "Manage Devices" on MC Television, is the device listed?  What do you get if you click "Show Status" in the Standard Television view's filter box?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dumfy

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 01:35:49 pm »

Many thanks for the replies .

I'm currently in the middle of a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC, so can't try the suggestions at the moment. I was hoping to use MC 25 on this fresh install.

To hopefully clarify a bit more, this what I remember happening with MC 24 before reverting back to MC 22 a couple of weeks ago.

I start the TV Set Up Wizard and complete all the various pages. My Hauppauge tuner is recognised all the way through. As with MC 22, I opted for OTA set up for the TV guide. As soon as I select "Scan" for channels, Media Center errors with "No TV Tuner Found or is Currently in Use"

When using MC 22, this error doesn't happen, the channel scan completes and the guide loads.

If you need further info, please let me know. MC 25 will be the first thing I install when Windows is finished.

Thanks again

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 05:07:42 pm »

I believe the issue is with OTA EPG scanning.  I suggested a work-around here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119334.msg830083.html#msg830083
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dumfy

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 07:59:39 am »

I believe the issue is with OTA EPG scanning.  I suggested a workaround here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119334.msg830083.html#msg830083

Exactly right and thank you. Thanks also to JimH and his suggestion of trying MC25.

Looks like my issue has been resolved in that version.  Have just installed MC25 and the TV set up/EPG guide completed without a problem. Good to know about that workaround in MC24 for others that may have similar issues.

Really appreciate the help.

Dumfy   :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up