INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Settings for USB DAC  (Read 3062 times)

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver Settings for USB DAC
« on: April 22, 2019, 04:38:27 am »

Hello,

i need some help regarding the output settings with my usb dac/amplifier.

My Setup:
- NUC with MC25 and XMOS Driver 4.13 installed
- Connected via USB-B to my amplifier Advance Acoustic X-i105 with integrated USB DAC Wolfson WM8740

In JRiver Options i selected the Audio Device XMOS USB Audio 2.0 ST 3087 [ASIO] --> i choosed ASIO for direct unmodified data to the DAC.
All other settings are standard - see attached figure to this post.

Everything works fine, except if i start first time playing music after switching on the amplifier. In this case the amplifier displays "unlock" and after ~2 seconds i hear the music playing (not from the beginning as the amplfier has to "unlock" something :) - sorry i'm not a professional in this area).
If the music is playing and the amplifier is running after the first "unlock" i have no issues (switching of tracks) except if i'm switching between normal 16 Bit 44.1 khz flac to hi-res flac (e.g. 24 bit 96 khz). Then the amplifier/dac has to "unlock" again with the same result as described above. As i have playlists mixed with flac files CD-Quality and hi-res, this is really annoying.

I could play around with the options of JRiver, but maybe someone with a little more experience with this topic could help me?

Thank you in advance!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver Settings for USB DAC
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 04:48:06 am »

MC has an option to Play Leading Silence. It should fix the problem

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 05:56:07 am »

I'd also recommend having Media Center resample everything (using SoX) to one fixed rate to avoid the slow switching.

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 02:45:56 pm »

Thank you, that solved the problem!

I turned on "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization: 2 seconds" --> I hope that's what you meant JimH.
Additionally in the DSP settings i set the sample rate fix to 192 khz and in the Options "Use SoX for resampling ".

Question: Does the resampling (upsampling of 44,1 khz) have any negative impact on audio quality?
Pages: [1]   Go Up