INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breaking expressions onto multiple lines without affecting the output.  (Read 629 times)

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe

Is it possible to break a long expressions onto multiple lines so they are easier to read? I'm finding if I add new lines in an expression I end up with extra blank lines in my thumbnail text.

For example in Excel you can use Alt-Enter to break up a formula onto new lines without affecting the formula. Does MC support something similar? It would be really handy if it did. (no Alt-Enter doesn't work in MC)

Spike

Hendrik

• Administrator

There is no reliable way to do that right now. Newlines in some places can be used and won't be shown, but its extremely dependent on where they are being put.

I recommend to copy them to a text editor, add new lines for editing, and then remove the newlines again when you're done.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Spike1000

There is no reliable way to do that right now. Newlines in some places can be used and won't be shown, but its extremely dependent on where they are being put.

I recommend to copy them to a text editor, add new lines for editing, and then remove the newlines again when you're done.

Thanks for the quick reply. The text editor switcheroo is what I'm doing now. From your reply there may be a hint of support for something like Alt-Enter in the future. It would be really cool if that was to be implemented. . . .

Spike

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Pages: [1]   Go Up