INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Off Network Ability to Browse Movie Collection  (Read 518 times)

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
Off Network Ability to Browse Movie Collection
« on: April 24, 2019, 08:36:46 am »

Hello guys,

I have a simple question. Please direct to where I can find the answer.

I need a way to browse my JRiver library (movie rips) when I am OFF network. I do NOT want to stream/watch them, I just want to be able to see what I have. Often, I'll be at the store and wonder, "Have I seen this movie yet?" It would be nice to have some way to have an online list of watched and owned titles that syncs with my JRiver library. Any way to do this?

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Off Network Ability to Browse Movie Collection
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 08:41:45 am »

It looks like TrakTV is something like I"m looking for. Any way to integrate it into JRiver?

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 09:51:25 pm »

No one has any thoughts on this? Surely there is an answer.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 12:00:50 am »

When I want to do this, I just leave my HTPC running the MC Server, and link to it from Gizmo on my Android phone. Works fine, although the search function leaves something to be desired. It works for specific searches.

It would work using Panel as well. Actually, Panel has better search features, if you use simple expressions. i.e. mediasubtype=movie n{ame}=Wonder
"n" is a short Search Keyword for [Name]. I think I shall be adding a Search Keyword of "mst" for mediasubtype, after playing with Panel search features.

I leave the Server running because Wake On LAN doesn't work from outside my LAN, because of my Router. It won't forward the broadcast WOL packets required to wake a PC. But it can port forward a connection from my Phone on the mobile network to the MC Server, allowing me to check which movies I have already.

The only offline solutions I know of would involve exporting a movie list from MC, and then carrying that around with me in some form. It is pretty easy to export the contents of a View and import that into Excel, for example. But I prefer the Gizmo solution. I just have to remember to leave the Server running, which means changing Power settings so it won't sleep.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 02:33:19 pm »

Very helpful, I did not even think about using Panel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up