INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video artifacts on the left side when subtitles are enabled  (Read 797 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Video artifacts on the left side when subtitles are enabled
« on: April 24, 2019, 03:18:27 pm »

I just upgraded from 22 to 24 and I'm now seeing artifacts when subtitles are enabled. A flashing distortion on the left side from the upper left corner to the lower middle.

This is a deja vu, but I don't remember how I fixed this a long time ago. Neither do I see it in my post history.

raldo

Re: Video artifacts on the left side when subtitles are enabled
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 01:49:18 pm »

bump...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 02:19:20 pm »

If you're using MC24, you're a version behind.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 03:37:13 pm »

Are you using Red October standard on a PC with Intel graphics?
If so, try updating your graphics driver and/or using Red October HQ.
Red October HQ now has 3 presets you can use. Try them out.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 08:20:10 pm »

This is a deja vu, but I don't remember how I fixed this a long time ago. Neither do I see it in my post history.

Did you try using the Forum search function, and searching for "artifacts" in your posts? https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110046.msg761132.html#msg761132

Upgrade to MC25. Use the NVIDIA GeForce 940MX video output, rather than the Intel(R) HD Graphics 620. Maybe use RO HQ as well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 02:19:37 am »

Artifacts in RO Standard are unfortunately nothing we can directly influence. All the suggestions here are good ones. Sometimes a simple driver update is enough. Otherwise getting RO HQ to work might help.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

raldo

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 03:14:41 am »

Did you try using the Forum search function, and searching for "artifacts" in your posts? [...]

Of course, but there are many, many hits. "Artifacts subs", "artifacts subtitles" give no hits. The artifacts appear when I enable subs, as I wrote above.

Anyways, I'll try the above settings suggested above. (Which I am sure I've done a few times before)
Pages: [1]   Go Up