INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: record/copy streaming media  (Read 1032 times)

nunisimo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
record/copy streaming media
« on: May 16, 2003, 08:09:16 pm »

Hi.

Is there a way to record streaming web medai.  I'd like to record BBC radio staitons to later put into wave files.

Also, I've noticed the radio station database to be quite limited as compared to Real Player and Windowms Media player.  Are there plans to expand this?

Thanks.

Marko

Re: record/copy streaming media
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 11:26:53 pm »

You need to open the windows audio control panel thing-a-me and select the correct input source to record from. (double click the volume icon in the tray, options > properties > recording. then choose.) I tend to use creative's "what you hear" option as a quick and dirty solution, you just need to make sure there's nothing else noisy running at the same time that might spoil your recording.

I'm sure that horrible, unwieldy radio station list that loads under 'web media' is up for some serious attention from developers. I'm not sure how far down their list of 'things to do' it is though.

-marko.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 05:00:14 am »

I agree with you. Until this is looked at, likely much further down the road, I use Audiotools.

It will create a directory named after the source then name the files according to the Shoutcast or ICECast stream info. Pretty cool. Uses LAME, Ogg, or many other formats.

Very cool for this purpose.

Hopefully MC 9 will get these capabilities, but I don't expect that until other more used items are put to bed.

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 08:26:41 am »

As an alternative to Creative's 'What You Hear' is a similar pakage called 'Total Recorder' which also records directly from your sound card and thus will record anything you can play through your system.

As far as internet radio/web stream sources . .  . I go to the websites (shoutcast, etc)  and search stations, then save the 'Playlist" with the web address.  This allows me to create a playlist I call 'Radio'  :)   which has all my web-media in it.

YES!  MC9 is MUCHLY in need of improvement here!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 08:38:02 am »

There are some legal problems in this area.  We've tried to stay away from them.

LisaRCT

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 08:46:13 am »

:(
well that sux

can we save links to say Shoutcast and such in the web-media section somehow as an alternative?
Pages: [1]   Go Up