INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artists' Albums listed in Library display in odd order  (Read 596 times)

hipstone

• Recent member
Artists' Albums listed in Library display in odd order
« on: April 27, 2019, 03:16:19 am »

Any idea on how to get all albums to display in sequential order in the list of an artist’s albums.  Most of the time, they are indeed in order, and their volumes, or disc #s, are all fine and dandy.  But every once in a while I come across a group of albums within an Artist's selected pane that show in an odd order.

Like this example of a Miles Davis Album Artist's pane:

Bitches Brew (Original 1969 mix) 1
Bitches Brew (4.0) 2
Bitches Brew (4.0) 1
Bitches Brew - 1
Complete In a Silent Way Sessions - 3
Bitches Brew - 2
Bitches Brew (Original 1969 mix) 2

Look at how I have these all carefully tagged (and folders named) - and yet the order is screwy in JRiver display. Not only album (disc) number is off, but random albums appearing in and out of order. When it could look so nice.

It’s like there is something else at play here, and I have no clue. And yet many sections of the library are in order and do stay in order strictly alphabetically, and then buy vol. or disc #.  The Miles Davis section is about 2/3 in nice order and the rest a mess.  Most of the Miles albums (and other artists too) are perfectly ordered as expected.  But not this part of the Bitches Brew section.

I re-tagged and often use tag & Rename.  It's been fine for things I don't do in JRiver.  My thoughts are to go in and delete all cue files and see what happens then?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Artists' Albums listed in Library display in odd order
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 04:03:05 am »

There is a tag called Disc #.  Are you using it?

Make sure you also fill Artist, Album, and Album Artist .

swiv3d

Re: Artists' Albums listed in Library display in odd order
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 03:32:16 pm »

Have you set up Sort inside groups to custom>Album,Disc#,Track#? Otherwise MC seems to use album date in the sorting process.
Pages: [1]   Go Up