INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .nef (raw) pictures are not correctly converted if using JRemote as client? [ok]  (Read 899 times)

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe

If I use JRemote on my iPad AIR connected to MC server to view .nef images - the output is a small washed out picture. Using LG TV as output to view .nef everything is fine. .jpg pictures work on both output devices perfect

On the Server I have set under Media Network->Client Options : convert to JPEG (2560 x 1600).

What is wrong?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Manfred

I will convert all .nef files to 16bit TIFF using Nikon Capture NX-D. This works.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Ah, I see this is probbaly why you wanted to convert nef files to tif, as per https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120544.msg833417.html#msg833417; so that you can view then in JRemote.

I suspect what was happening here is that JRemote was displaying the embedded jpg thumbnail in the nef file, rather than the actual nef file. Your LG TV was displaying the correct image, probably because you were using MC to display the file, and MC can display the nef file correctly.

I don't know if JRemote can display nef files, but as MC can, JRemote probably should also. Getting that fixed would be a better option than converting all your nef files to tif files!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Manfred

Thanks RoderickGI - yes - I wanted to view them in JRemote.

I don't know if JRemote can display nef files, but as MC can, JRemote probably should also.

I was not expecting that LG TV or JRemote could display .nef files.  I thought the conversion function should be configured on the server under Media Network->Image conversion. Either if it is LG TV or JRemote. For the LG TV is seems to work for JRemote not. Is that how it (should) work? Maybe the conversion works for LG because this solution uses DLNA?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Well, there are separate conversion settings for a DLNA connection. Also DLNA is basically a file based protocol, so if the nef file was sent to the TV, and the TV was able to display it, then the full image in the file would be displayed. I assumed that your TV was directly connected to a PC (the MC Server?) via a HDMI cable, hence my comment.

I don't actually know if JRemote uses the DLNA or Client conversion settings. I don't have JRemote to check.

I suspect JRemote is just picking the wrong image in the file, being the jpg thumbnail, rather than the full nef image itself. Maybe because it can't display the nef image, or maybe that is an unintentional feature. If the later, maybe JRiver can fix it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Manfred

I assumed that your TV was directly connected to a PC (the MC Server?) via a HDMI cable, hence my comment.

No: TV is connected to my Media Server (MC running on it) via Ethernet. Through JRemote I pushed the image from the Server using DLNA to the TV. The TV starts than automatically the Photo& Video App. NO HDMI involved!
Pages: [1]   Go Up