INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request : Box Set Artwork  (Read 759 times)

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request : Box Set Artwork
« on: May 03, 2019, 02:53:09 am »

Hi

Often a Classical Box set is comprised of a collection of previously released albums each with its own artwork along with a Master cover for the whole box eg Alfred Brendel The Complete Philips Recordings etc

I have 3 Custom tags defined already to catalog boxes

Box Set
Disc Name
Disc Volume ( for big big sets that are spli by volume eg Beethoven Edition)

if I add the artwork to each album I get a "fan" of covers as the image in the Box Set view .

What would be nice is if I can define a Box , along with its "Master Artwork" and have each component disc as a pseudo album with its original artwork so that the Box Set view (defined by me) shows a single cover as per the master artwork

I suspect it would need a Box Set defining as a "native object" at the db level rather than my Custom Tags. I am not sure if that's a biggy or a "5 minute code job" ?

Clear as mud ?

Mike

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature Request : Box Set Artwork
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 05:38:33 am »

Would like to second this.

Just finished ripping the latest multidisc King Crimson boxset and would very much like to have a master artwork for the entire set and individual artworks for each disc.

MC would display the appropriate artwork dependent upon the level of focus within the boxest.

Will leave implementation details up to devs :)

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 05:33:37 pm »

+1

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 06:12:43 pm »

Discussion, tips and workaround solutions here if anyone is interested:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109608.msg758239.html#msg758239

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 03:05:24 pm »

I like this idea assuming you are describing a top view showing the box-set cover and sub-views that show the particular disc art.

As a side-feature request to this one, I'd like, in the event that you have multiple discs use the disk# tag, the ability to tell JRiver only to play a particular disc number when using JRemote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up