INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove SEQ from list  (Read 613 times)

connieflyer

• Recent member
Remove SEQ from list
« on: May 04, 2019, 12:21:18 pm »

Is there a way to remove or prevent the view from using the SEQ as a sort method? I always sort playlist by track number, have been trying to find if this is possible for quite some time.  I have been using JRiver since 16, and like it, obviously keep upgrading, but this one thing keeps buging me.  I can set up a new playlist with a custom view, but then next time I look at playlist it has gone back to sort by SEQ, which is not the way the cd's were recorded. Thank you

swiv3d

Re: Remove SEQ from list
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 04:52:02 pm »

I can set up a new playlist with a custom view, but then next time I look at playlist it has gone back to sort by SEQ, which is not the way the cd's were recorded.
What do you mean here by custom view? SEQ is just the order you have put the items into the list and therefore the order you want to play them?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 07:51:11 pm »

Swiv3d is correct.

As you mention the SEQuence column, you must be talking about manual Playlist, as opposed to a Smartlist or View, because the latter two don't use a SEQuence number. They just use a sort, as defined in the Smartlist or View.

Playlists are always sorted by SEQ number. The Wiki explains how to sort a Playlist as you desire, and then save the new sort sequence using the "Update Order" button.

Note that files are always added to a Playlist in the order they were displayed when you add then. Well, pretty much. There are some sorting idiosyncracies. So if you are viewing Artist, Albums, or just files in some sequence other that Track number, then they won't be added to the Playlist in Track number sequence.

If the above two answers don't help you solved this long term issue, please explain the process you use to create Playlists. Do you "Drag & Drop" onto the Playlist name, right-click and Sent To a Playlist, or use the Action Window? Do you select whole Albums, a group of files, or an Artist to add to a Playlist?

Basically, this should be an easy issue to resolve, but we need to know what you are doing to create the issue, what you are seeing, and where you are seeing it, to be sure to get it right.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

connieflyer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 08:33:13 am »

Thank you for getting back to me, appreciate it.  When I make a playlist, I select new playlist, in drop down list of folders, I find New Playlist and rename it to the artist that I am using. I then drag and drop files from hard drive, where files have been copied from original cd's. Hard drive shows the same tracklist order as the cd does.  When I drag and drop, files end up being sorted by seq. I then will use a saved play list form, where I do not use seq, and save the playlist. this is set up using track number as sort.  This will work until I close JR, and next time I start, if goes back to sort order with sew being selected.  I know that others may use this and that is fine, it is not a game changer, or would have given up JR years ago, I think, JR is one of the best media players out here, and have enjoyed it and recommended it for years as well.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 08:17:33 pm »

Ah okay, dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer can lead to some unexpected sequencing.

But as I said, Playlists are always sorted by SEQ number, when you open them. So just add one or two more step to your Playlist creation workflow. If the Tracks are in the wrong order when you add them, finish adding all Tracks, then click on the column headings to sort all Tracks the way you want. Then click the "Update Order" button when you have finished creating the Playlist, before you close MC. That will change the SEQ number to match the current sequence of Tracks in the Playlist, so that next time you open it, the Playlist will be in the order you created it.

From the Wiki: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Playlists#Ordering_Files
You can also sort the Playlist on-the-fly by clicking on the Column Headers in the Content Panel. However, sorting a playlist this way does not alter the Sequence Order, so it is only temporary until you refresh the list or close it. To save the currently displayed sequence order at any time, click the Update Order button in the Playlist Header.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

connieflyer

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 08:25:37 pm »

Thank you very much for the information.  I have just tried this and it seems to be what was needed. Great software, even better help forum. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 08:29:05 pm »

Excellent!  :D  I was just modifying my post above to provide some more clarification. I'll leave it for future users.

connieflyer

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 08:30:55 pm »

Thank you again, and all information on the subject of course is welcome. Very timely indeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up