INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation problems  (Read 343 times)

jwinder

• Recent member
Installation problems
« on: May 08, 2019, 12:39:03 pm »

I attempted to upgrade from MC24 to MC25, and it isn't accepting my license for restoration. I downloaded it on Chrome after getting the email with the registration codes for MC17, MC21, and MC24 emailed to me. I used the code for MC24 to generate an email with the mjc file, and when attempting to restore, I am getting a message that the license file isn't valid for media center, with the option to purchase a new license. I went ahead and uninstalled MC24 at this point, and tried to restore MC25, and I got the same result. One complicating factor is that I still have a version of MC17 on the computer that I don't use, and I am not able to uninstall it (when I attempt to uninstall, I get a popup that the run dll initialization routine failed).  This was all done in the appropriate windows license sections. Am I wrong in reading that the upgrade from MC24 to MC25 is supposed to be free?

jwinder

• Recent member
Re: Installation problems
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 03:07:54 pm »

Solved: I didn't realize that the MC24 license had to be purchased after Mid December 2018 for a free upgrade.
Pages: [1]   Go Up