INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows vista and MC  (Read 918 times)

Pigua

Windows vista and MC
« on: May 08, 2019, 07:22:45 pm »

I have an old computer with windows Vista. I downloaded and old version of MC, MC 18 and it seems to work. As I liked it I bought a licence for MC25 ( the one available), at the end of the process I received a message : "licence correctly installed", but the day after when I started MC again I noticed that I'm still in the trial period as if I hadn't bought the licence.
Is there a way of running MC on my computer?

Thanks

swiv3d

Re: Windows vista and MC
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 08:14:34 pm »

I believe that windows 7 is the minimum OS requirement for recent versions of MC.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 08:23:59 pm »

Fully uninstall MC18, including the Library (tick both boxes - a backup of the MC18 Library you were using will still be in its backup directory), if you haven't already. Then find the mjr file attached to the email you received after buying the licence and double-click on the file.

That should install the MC25 licence into MC25 correctly, if you purchased less than 14 days ago. Report if you still have problems.

Plus Swiv3d is again correct. Windows 7 is the minimum supported version, with all updates. It may still work on Vista, but no promises. https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Windows_System_Requirements
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 11:58:00 pm »

I have an old computer with windows Vista. I downloaded and old version of MC, MC 18 and it seems to work. As I liked it I bought a licence for MC25 ( the one available), at the end of the process I received a message : "licence correctly installed", but the day after when I started MC again I noticed that I'm still in the trial period as if I hadn't bought the licence.
Is there a way of running MC on my computer?

Thanks
Run MC25 first, then restore your license.

Pigua

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 08:07:16 pm »

Thanks for your replies.
I tried downloading MC25, but unfortunately the installation stops before being completed. Updating my computer to Windows 7 could be troublesome because I'm not sure I can find all the drivers. I thought I could find a licence for MC18, but using MC  has been a usefull experience anyway. Until I won't decide to buy a new computer I'll miss the remote controll of MC.

Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up