INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't run [Solved]  (Read 756 times)

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck
Won't run [Solved]
« on: May 09, 2019, 04:37:27 pm »

Just updated from 25.036 from 25.034  and absolutely nothing is stable.
If I try and build a thumbnail the software crashes
If I try and list files - the software crashes

Only I did see was that when I when into files - it listed the last upload to cloudplay I did , still listed on the JRiver server (I thought 25.036 was supposed to sort this so maybe the fact I hadn't cleared it previously has caused an issue)

I did try restoring my libray from a back up prior to 25.036 and this didn't help - in fact it seems to have corrupt the library files as I can't get them to work under 25.034 either now

For an experiment I also restored a very early backup back into 25.034 and that worked fine

swiv3d

Re: updated to 25.036 x64 = complete failure of software
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 04:42:02 pm »

Cloudplay had a similar affect on my machine - instant crashes. Try reinstalling MC 25 with no libraries and add any you have from backups some time back. Personally I have given up with cloudplay until they stabilise the situation. I you have any old cloud playlists in the cloud folder then delete them without showing the files. Worked for me! It really did my head in!!! I believe that there is a problem with the play local file implementation which doesn't seem to work with older playlists - just my guess. Fortunately this all occurred on a library I had set up specifically for upload and another for streaming so my main library was unaffected unless I erred to the cloudplay side!

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: updated to 25.036 x64 = complete failure of software
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 12:58:31 am »

Well - stripped out all traces of JMRC 25 from the PC - re-installed 25.036 from scratch and rebuilt the library from scratch (I have over 25000 albums so it took all night but luckily seems to have picked up the old MC 24 library so at least that sped things up).

So far so good though I still have to rebuild all the thumbnails and customise the UI to what I use plus the recent playlists are gone (though they are all on cloudplay anyway)

At least now I can play music again

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Won't run [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 04:13:31 am »

This seems like an antivirus problem.  Just a guess.

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 04:31:04 am »

I was wondering if it was the fact that I'd not deleted of the references to the cloudplay files when I upgraded (the references would have also be in my backup library as well ) .

It looks like it was a particular sequence of events that caused it so hopefully no-one else gets the issue

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 05:39:52 pm »

Please check out my post on this thread about crashing problems:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120589.msg834152.html#msg834152

If you're having crashing problems, I'd suggest trying the temporary work-around of disabling 'audio buffer to disk' in Options / Media Network and see if that helps.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 12:21:59 am »

We found a crash when an existing playlist is deleted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up