INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folder not imported  (Read 615 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
Folder not imported
« on: May 10, 2019, 09:45:47 am »

I noticed that a folder in my movie database is not imported, i.e. the movie is not listed in JRiver movie list

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07qy5z2j1kq1n20/Capture.PNG?dl=0

Everything looks ok and I cannot play the movie file by VLC or other player

I tried to force manual import but no joy (no files added)

please help

thanks

Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

ZenOli

• Recent member
Re: Folder not imported
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 06:13:35 am »

Hi,

In your image, we can see a sidecar file which would suggest the file has been (or once was) imported in MC.

Last time I had this kind of issue, the file was actually imported, but just not tagged as I would expect and did not show up in any of my main views (it was filtered out based on views settings).
What you could try is adding a pane view that lets you sort by file location, but does not use any other filter to select file. Then you should be able to see whether there are actual files in MC from the incriminated folder and eventually correct the tags to have it show up in your other views.

Not sure this is the issue, but it might be worth giving it a try.

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 12:24:16 pm »

also possible you removed this item (intentionally or by accident) before from your library

there is option in autoimport that set not to import previously removed items (enabled by default) ... try disablint that and scan again
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 07:23:13 am »

I removed the sidecar file, reimported (as single folder), still zero files imported
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 07:38:56 am »

Go look in your deleted items database:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,68392.msg460477.html#msg460477

In your case, don't use "audio" for the media type.  Use Video, or use nothing at all.

Once you do this you will see the files that MC knows about that you removed previously.  It will not import these files again!  You can clear the removed items one by one or all at once.  This may or may not be the source of your issue.  After checking you will know if this is your issue or not.

Brian.

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 09:06:54 am »

thank you but still no success
Stereo:

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 12:56:01 pm »

You should also make an "everything" view which shows all media types.  Then search for that file by name.  It's possible that this video file was imported as "data" instead of video.  I don't know why that happens, but it's happened to me several times.  If it is imported as Data, it will show up under the Data view in the left navigation area.  If you find it there, you can change it's media type to Video and then it will appear in your video views.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up