INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume control  (Read 762 times)

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Volume control
« on: May 11, 2019, 11:49:33 pm »

Howdy,
I am running 2 zones, 1 for audio playback and the other for video playback.
I have sound control set to internal for both zones.

I have noticed that music is comfortable to listen to at 60% volume and video at about 80% on my setup.
Is there a way to set a default volume for a zone when switching from one zone to another?
Ideally it would automatically switch to 60% when switching to audio zone and back to 80% when switching back to video.

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Volume control
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 01:25:49 am »

You can use the Equaliser (Pre Amp slider) or Parametric Equalizer in DSP to adjust the volume as you wish for any Zone. Adjustment is by decibels rather than %, but I'm sure you will be able to find a setting. Probably best to set Internal Volume at 80% to match Video requirement, and adjust Audio volume down, rather than setting Audio and boosting Video.

But Volume Leveling based on Audio and Video analysis should set the Internal Volume correctly for you anyway, unless the difference is just a preference thing. I would understand that. Even with boosted frequencies for dialogue, I often turn the volume up a little on some programs so that I can understand the quiet dialogue.

Do you have Volume Leveling turned on?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Re: Volume control
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 11:37:30 am »

I do not have volume leveling on...
I'll give the pre amp via equalizer a go... it should work, just didn't know where to look.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up