INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bookmarking does not work on JRemote  (Read 1031 times)

abachem

• Recent member
Bookmarking does not work on JRemote
« on: May 12, 2019, 03:11:26 pm »

Bookmarking audio podcast files works fine with my MacBookPro using a JRiver MC library server on my MacMini, but it won't work with JRemote on my iPad/iPhone or JRiver Panel in my (Safari-) Browser. I am using MC 25.0.34 and JRemote 3.28 with Authentication (username/password). [Use Bookmarking] field ist set to 'Automatic'.

Starting a podcast on my MacBook and stopping it at bookmark position (e.g.) 812230 will set the correct value in the bookmark field and this value is synced (after a few seconds) to all my devices including iPad and iPhone. On my JRemote-app on the iPad I can see that the bookmark field contains the correct value (e.g. 812230), but when I click on the file it start always at position 0. When I stop playing the podcast (after a while) in JRemote this new playing position is not saved in the bookmark field. Also double clicking on stop in JRemote will not clear the bookmark field. The file is of Media Type 'Audio' and Media Subtype 'Podcast'. By the way, rating files and syncing with the library server works perfect with JRemote.

I have no idea what else I can test or change to get bookmarking work on my JRemote-app. I tried JRiver Panel in my Safari Browser on my MacBookPro and Bookmarking does not work either with Panel. I tried bookmarking also with other media types (movie) and got exactly the same results. I use JRiver MC/JRemote on a medium sized library with 1220 albums and about 19.000 files of all types (movie, tv, audio, podcast, document and images) and I am very happy with all features of JRiver and JRemote, but I need some help with bookmarking and JRemote.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bookmarking does not work on JRemote
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 12:15:07 pm »

Bookmarking audio podcast files works fine with my MacBookPro using a JRiver MC library server on my MacMini, but it won't work with JRemote on my iPad/iPhone or JRiver Panel in my (Safari-) Browser. I am using MC 25.0.34 and JRemote 3.28 with Authentication (username/password). [Use Bookmarking] field ist set to 'Automatic'.

Starting a podcast on my MacBook and stopping it at bookmark position (e.g.) 812230 will set the correct value in the bookmark field and this value is synced (after a few seconds) to all my devices including iPad and iPhone. On my JRemote-app on the iPad I can see that the bookmark field contains the correct value (e.g. 812230), but when I click on the file it start always at position 0. When I stop playing the podcast (after a while) in JRemote this new playing position is not saved in the bookmark field. Also double clicking on stop in JRemote will not clear the bookmark field. The file is of Media Type 'Audio' and Media Subtype 'Podcast'. By the way, rating files and syncing with the library server works perfect with JRemote.

I have no idea what else I can test or change to get bookmarking work on my JRemote-app. I tried JRiver Panel in my Safari Browser on my MacBookPro and Bookmarking does not work either with Panel. I tried bookmarking also with other media types (movie) and got exactly the same results. I use JRiver MC/JRemote on a medium sized library with 1220 albums and about 19.000 files of all types (movie, tv, audio, podcast, document and images) and I am very happy with all features of JRiver and JRemote, but I need some help with bookmarking and JRemote.

For playback to the Player zone this already works.
For playback to the remote device (ie an iPad or panel) it's file based, not bookmarked.
Since you have brought this up we are looking at adding a bookmark based seek to the playback position for remote devices.
Edit: We just added that to Panel and it will be available in the next build. It works for audibooks, podcasts and video.
JRemote is going to more work but it's in the pipeline.

abachem

• Recent member
Re: Bookmarking does not work on JRemote
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 11:43:09 am »

Thanks for your hint and good to hear. JRemote is a wonderfull app and I use it also for all my podcasts, where bookmarks would help when switching between MacOS and iOS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up