INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video and audio stutter when playing video using Convolver  (Read 905 times)

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck

Playing video using the convolution engine results in stuttering video and audio. Works perfectly when not using the convolution engine or when using the convolution engine with audio (playing flac in a couple of bitrates.)

Win-7
8gb
NVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti
Motu UltraLitemd4
7.4 Window Exp. Index
Audiolense to generate the convolution files.
Tried Media Center 22-25 but always the same

I tried changing options in DSP Studio,  Optons - Video and under Options - Audio - Device settings but nothing I tried had any affect. I also tried changing several options in Audiolense but that did not help. Under Status in DSP studio it says "Performance: real-time (using SSE)" and that number fluctuates between 11 and 12. I noticed in the Wiki this could be an issue but if so it seems strange considering the computer is (I assume) powerful enough.

Anyone have an insight on this?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video and audio stutter when playing video using Convolver
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 11:19:40 am »

A convolution filter with a very high latency could possibly cause this. How large is your filter? Have you tried a smaller one?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 11:29:17 am »

The filter length is 65536 but I will try 32768. Thanks for the response I will report back.

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 11:58:03 am »

Hendrik I am really fond of you right now. Solved the issue and made me wish I had posted the question two days ago. I will do better about using the forum going forward.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up