INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Options window cannot be resized when high scaling is used with builds 34 and up  (Read 881 times)

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

Found an issue in builds 25.0.34 and up where the Tools>Options window is not resizeable if a high Windows scaling factor is used.

The scaling I'm referring to is the Windows 10 Settings>Display>Change the size of text, apps and other items.

On my HTPC with a 3840 x 2160 screen if a scaling factor of greater than 200% is used (recommended is 300%) then the problem occurs, on my laptop with a 1600 x 900 screen if a scaling of 150% is used then the problem occurs. The resizing arrows appear but have no effect.

Builds 25.0.33 and lower do not have the issue.

" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I was just about to report this too. Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Even if I pick 350% with my high DPI display, I don't think I can reproduce this.

I did make some sizing changes recently because the ideal size wouldn't reliably be loaded as you switched pages, but I wouldn't expect this.

Any other clues?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

I tried it with 200% and 300%, and even 150% iirc. (2160p screen)
The cursor would change to the resize arrows, but then nothing happens when you try to resize. The Options box is too big to fit on the screen, and appears offset from centre. The only thing one can do is to maximise the Options box to reach the OK. It would not be so bad if it remembered to come back up maximised the next time.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit on an i3 7100.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Note that there is a minimum height and if your DPI scaling makes it taller than your monitor, then you won't be able to shrink it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I'll make the next build have a smaller minimum size than the ideal size.  I'll try half.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

Hi Matt  Sorry for the late response...time zones

I'm attaching some screenshots which I hope may help, they were taken on a small netbook screen size 1280 x 800 with the windows scaling set to 150%. They show the difference between the behavior of build 33 and build 38.
By setting the MC View>Size to 60% the Options window can be resized in build 38, the screenshot shows the Options window shrunk to smallest size.
When the MC View>Size is then changed to 100% the Option window expands beyond the main MC window boundaries and cannot be resized any smaller.
If the same thing is done with build 33 then as you can see the Options window remains within the boundary of the main MC window and can be resized.

Hope this helps

Terry
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Please test the latest build:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120733.0.html

For extra credit, report some good news :P

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

OK first the good news about build 40 - It fixes vertical resizing - the bad news - horizontal resizing is not working still.

I've attached a screenshot showing 25.0.40 taken using the same procedure as before.

If horizontal resizing is attempted the window just jumps across the screen.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - no extra credit for me........

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Thanks.  I'll make the minimum size use a narrower value next build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up