INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Route audio through JRiver, especially in games if possible (WDM Drivers, ASIO)  (Read 1002 times)

Nekcore

Hello everybody.

Well I need to know some aspects about this particular subject. I have been reading a lot and searching about routing audio through JRiver, in this case with WDM drivers and use ASIO. Been reading all the guides that I could found and I have been using it, but even so there's some questions I need to answer.

So I managed to set the WDM drivers just as explained on the wiki, everything works fine. WDM re-routes all windows sound through Media Center. I set on my audio device the native ASIO driver that comes with my soundcard (Soundblaster Z) and playback is great, but I was wondering if really it's bypassing completely windows mixer. While I'm playing the videogames (even watching youtube, etc) It looks like that the audio still going through the windows mixer like the image below. It's that normal? It's still using the ASIO driver? Or Media Center it's still using windows mixer through the Audio Engine of MC. I know that the source should be ASIO compatible, but been reading that WDM driver it's rerouting and bypassing windows mixer.

Another alternative I did found was using VB Asio Bridge and then selecting the ASIO driver of JRiver. But I tried that and it doesn't show the ASIO driver of JRiver, just the drivers of my soundcard.

If you could enlight me on this subject I will be very grateful. Cheers.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

A WDM driver cannot by itself decide to bypass the Windows Mixer. Its up to the application that sends the audio to do that. If it uses standard windows audio, like most applications do, it will not bypass the mixer. It would need to use WASAPI exclusive mode for that, and outside of dedicated media playback applications, this isn't really used.

So a browser, or a game, would not be capable of bypassing the mixer, no matter what you do.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up