INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: List scrolling behaviour  (Read 439 times)

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck
List scrolling behaviour
« on: May 18, 2019, 03:04:07 am »

I've reported this before and it gets really annoying in daily use. I think it was in v 25.0.24: The list scrolling was changed in a way, that if the next track is playing the list automatically scrolls to that track. With long playlists this is - again - really annoying: You scroll through a long list during playback to search for a certain file, you really know, the file was there, you are searching and searching, and then your search work just gets smashed because the playing now switches to the next track and the list is scrolling all the way back and you have to start your list searching again. Please, please, at least make this optional that the list is NOT scrolling at all when moving to the next track. Many thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: List scrolling behaviour
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 03:15:31 am »

Did you know that you can let MC do the hard work for you?

Try pressing Ctrl+Q to see what I mean. Does that help at all?

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 03:02:45 am »

Of course I'm very aware of all the search functionalities that MC provides. But I don't know the name so I have to do a visual preview.

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 06:17:46 am »

Downloaded the latest version and had to roll back to 25.0.24. I have to say you let me now stuck on this version. The automatic scrolling behaviour makes it as a no go for my use unfortunately. I have to add that in my own developments I never override ongoing manual scrolling which is in my opinion just a bad behaviour. Think of a long log list where you are scrolling through to check new entries. Anyway take it as a comment from a long term and now disappointed user.
Pages: [1]   Go Up