INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Restores Left  (Read 392 times)

erin

• Recent member
No Restores Left
« on: May 18, 2019, 12:33:10 am »

Hi, JRiver

I have purchased JRiver 25 with permanant licence. No share with anyone.

I am Windows 10 insider member, that means sometimes I re-install Windows OS if Microsoft releases a new version. In that case, I have to re-install JRiver 25. My problem is, JRiver says no a restore licence more today.

When I bought JRiver, no information about just 10 restores in 12 months in JRiver website or anywhere. This info I read in mail JRiver sent me later.

What do I do now to licence my JRiver 25 (even I have 3 restores from JRiver 24)? What is permanant licence you say?

Thanh you.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No Restores Left
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 02:18:00 am »

My problem is, JRiver says no a restore licence more today.

"You can Restore your license, and generate another Install Key up to ten times per rolling calendar year.

If you use all your restores, please post on the forum. We can reset the count, but this is only done if you have run out."

Quote from the Wiki here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

Someone from JRiver will help you by resetting your Restore count when they see your post.

If you are doing multiple Windows reinstalls within a 14 day period you can save the mjr file and use that to restore your licence, which does not use one of your allocated Licence Restores. Read in the Wiki about the "Install Key" which is a temporary, portable license file (.mjr file type).
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

erin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 04:28:17 am »

Thank you so much, RoderickGI

In fact, I received a .mjr file, but I think this file used for another PC if I install JRiver copy on it, and run only 14 days.

So in future I will be using mjr file for Windows OS installation, but now my count has run out, because it say "you restore many times".

Please reset my count, I used this mail when register: [Removed]
Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 06:56:52 am »

erin,
I've reset your restores.  The "mjr file" is called an Install Key.  It's only good for 14 days.  Then you must use a Restore.  Be sure to use the full 30 day trial period before you restore.

More details are here:
 https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

Pages: [1]   Go Up