INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screengrab thumbnail  (Read 658 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
Screengrab thumbnail
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:40:22 pm »

Is there a quicker way to get missing pictures?
At the moment I have to play the file and grab a shot. tedious on many files.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

maid

Re: Screengrab thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:21:27 pm »

ok I have found a thumbnail maker.
Now when i use the jpg it is not showing up and if I click rebuild thumbnail it uses a completely different image to the one I have saved.

How can i get this to show the file I have inserted.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 01:40:32 am »

You don't have to play each file and capture an image, and you don't need to use an external thumbnail maker.

I haven't checked specifically exactly when MC grabs a screenshot on existing shows that don't have an image, but generally it is automatic, if set to be.

I suspect that if you selected the files with missing thumbnails and then ran "Rebuild Thumbnail" on them all, you would get screenshot images from all those shows at once, based on the rules set in MC at "Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails" for TV recordings and other videos. Make sure "Create thumbnails for videos" is checked.

Even if you delete an existing Cover Art image from a video file, MC will immediately build a thumbnail for it from the screenshot taken out of the video, at the point specified in the settings. Note that when using a screenshot, Cover Art is not actually built, but a thumbnail pulled from the video is. So deleting Cover Art from a video which is using a screenshot thumbnail won't delete anything, and will leave the thumbnail in place. So Rebuild the thumbnail in that case.

The trick is that anything you didn't record yourself, as determined by whether a recording rule is attached to the file or not, is not considered a Television Recording, and so the Video setting is used. Tweak the settings so that the thumbnail is taken after any padding time you have included for actual recordings, and after the introduction for other videos.

It may even work if you just ran "Build missing thumbnails" for the files you are concerned about.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

maid

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 01:46:11 am »

When there is no image from get tv and movie, using  rebuild a thumbnail from memory the thumbnails kept disappearing

Mine is set to create thumbnails but does not work when there is no image from get tv and movie info???

Testing to see if they stick
Pages: [1]   Go Up