INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help! Playback stops after 5 seconds using DLNA and Renderer  (Read 1957 times)

velasqte

• Recent member

I've been trying to fix this issue for days....Please Help!

My system:

PC, microrendo, Auarlic Vega DAC, JRemote on Ipad....

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need Help! Playback stops after 5 seconds using DLNA and Renderer
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 07:33:25 pm »

When MC reports that it is playing for five seconds, but no sound is played at the Renderer, then DLNA is actually working and MC has just reported the first chunk of data it has sent to the Renderer, before it either gets no response or gets a bad response from the Renderer.

Your Renderer is the Sonore microRendu, right? Search the forum for "microRendu" and you will see quite a few threads about the device. The answer may be in there.

Otherwise you need to provide a lot more information about how you have set up the microRendu, the DLNA Server in MC, the tracks you are trying to play, formats, etc.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

velasqte

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 08:16:16 pm »

Yes, microRendu.

I've been using this setup for months without issue. 

However, microRendu was unplugged, lost power.  This is where problems started.

I tried reboot of all devices (microRendu, Auralic dac, modem, router, pc)  No fix.

Uninstalled MC25 and went back to MC24.  no fix.

Removed Media Network key and tried a new key.

Tried a bunch of other stuff after reading these forums, cant remember all.....

I am stuck and super frustrated.

Tried Roon, and MC 24 Media Network recognizes, as does microRendu.

p.s Roon sounds like nuts compared to MC!

Please help me get back up and running.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 09:06:18 pm »

It seems like it is a microRendu problem then. Did it get an update or something? Lost settings? You may need to ask Sonore.

Test if MC will play to another DLNA Renderer okay, such as the free version of BubbleUPnP on an Android phone.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

velasqte

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 09:32:47 pm »

micoRendu works with Roon.

I don't see how it is a Sonore, microRendu issue???

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 01:13:36 am »

You see the microRendu in MC right? If so then right click on it and “Disable SetNext”..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

velasqte

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 10:28:48 am »

I tried checking "disable setnext".  Tracks still stall after a few seconds.

Another weird issue, under Playing Now, Sonicorbiter is listed, while before my problems started, microRednu was listed...?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 05:37:17 pm »

When you say the tracks stall, do you actually hear any sound at all in the first five seconds?

Another weird issue, under Playing Now, Sonicorbiter is listed, while before my problems started, microRednu was listed...?

Does it appear in Roon and other DLNA Controllers or Renderers as Sonicorbiter as well? If so, as I suggested, that sounds like a microRendu issue. Even if it does work with Roon.

velasqte

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 12:05:44 pm »

No, I do not hear any sound withing the first 5 seconds.....

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 07:42:32 pm »

I tried checking "disable setnext"

It is worth toggling the other DLNA Controller settings as well to see if they make any difference.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 04:05:29 pm »

Also check your MC DLNA server settings, perhaps you are trying to send it a format that it can't handle.

velasqte

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 10:47:03 pm »

Over the course of several days, and multiple Microrendu reboots, system is up and running.

I wish I knew what the correct Microrendureboot sequence is for future reference.....

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 09:57:31 am »

Over the course of several days, and multiple Microrendu reboots, system is up and running.

I wish I knew what the correct Microrendu reboot sequence is for future reference.....
Good find! Renders can get stuck in weird states. Reboots are always something to try with them when things go South.
Pages: [1]   Go Up