INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brand new to JRiver, could use some help setting up a specific layout.  (Read 771 times)

ArcticSin

• Recent member

I need some help creating a specific visual layout for this version. I've never used JRiver before, but I have used other customizable music players like Winamp/Foobar/AIMP and currently Musicbee. I would keep using Musicbee but I'm transitioning to a dual-boot of Linux (also new to that) with Windows and I'd like a powerful music player that works on both systems. I like to keep it simple as possible - I prefer to have large album art on the left, lyrics on the right, and my albums laid out by album artist > year > album.

Is there a way I could emulate that in this? I don't need the tree on the left at all, and it would be great if I could auto-hide it. I've been trying for a couple hours but it doesn't look like there's a way to create panel dividers like in the other ones. It would also be nice to have a drop-down track listing right underneath the album I click on like in Musicbee as well. Image is my current Musicbee setup, and I'm basically just trying to do something similar with this. If it helps, I have a monitor with a resolution of 3840x1080. Any help would be appreciated!

PS The theater mode is very impressive. If I can't get the standard view to work the way I like I'll definitely use that instead.

ArcticSin

• Recent member

I guess I forgot to post the image - here you go

https://imgur.com/T7dahlZ

https://imgur.com/wfOFWTW and this is how I currently have this media player set up

Thanks again!

Mike Foran

• World Citizen

I think View->Split View is what you are looking for.

ArcticSin

• Recent member

I was looking for that option, but it seems it's missing for me entirely.

https://imgur.com/OCWYCiH

Mike Foran

• World Citizen

That's bonkers. Is Split View not available on Linux?

ArcticSin

• Recent member

This is actually the windows version. I'm learning it here before putting on Linux (Manjaro KDE btw). I see others have the option, maybe I got a bugged download?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

No such thing as a bugged download.

Possibly because you have MC set to "Audio Only".   Just a guess.

ArcticSin

• Recent member

Nah, it's not in audio only mode. I messed around with that a while ago but turned it off because I want to watch videos as well. I'm really loving the sound quality of this btw

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

MC has a bunch of features that are optional.  They can be turned on or off with a check box.  Surprisingly "split view" is one of these.  Go see the whole list and turn on and off what you want (including split view) at:

Tools > Options > General > Features > (check boxes here)

I recommend restarting MC after changing any of these features.

Brian.

ArcticSin

• Recent member

Thank you so much! I found it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up