INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is the "Tag" information stored? In the library or with individual files?  (Read 771 times)

baldo

• World Citizen

Just wondering where the meta Tag information is stored?  I set up a new filed called "Key" and entered the music key of each song.  I have done this on my main MC library. 

I also have copies of all the audio files on my Mac and another laptop and they both have their own version of the audio files.

What I normally do is to clone the library from my main machine and then go and restore it on the other machines and then change the location of the audio files.

Now that I have a new field for each file, do I need to copy the files all over again or can I just do a backup and restore of the MC library?

Many thanks

baldo

• World Citizen

Hello?  Anyone??

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

backup/restore of library should be fine.

All data is stored in the library. Some of that data is saved in the actual file.

Have another look in the library field manager. Look at something obvious like album or artist...

See that check box named "Save in file tags (when possible)"? That controls what gets written to the file and what does not.

-marko

baldo

• World Citizen

Thanks Marco.
Pages: [1]   Go Up