INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: normalization when not playing sequential album tracks  (Read 672 times)

finallygreen

• Recent member
normalization when not playing sequential album tracks
« on: May 25, 2019, 12:21:13 pm »

Hello!

I apologize for my question in advance because it's probably embarrassingly easy to do, but could someone tell me how to make the player always play my song selections at roughly the same volume, but NOT perform any sort of normalization when I'm playing sequential album tracks?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

finallygreen

• Recent member
Re: normalization when not playing sequential album tracks
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 02:28:02 pm »

Perfect. It doesn't say in the wiki (unless I missed it) that it will preserve intentional volume fluctuations during sequential album track playback, but it DOES mention it when you're turning the DSP setting on.

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: normalization when not playing sequential album tracks
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 07:06:19 pm »

Quote from: Wiki
By default, when you play an album, the whole album gets adjusted by a fixed amount so that intertrack dynamics aren't affected (i.e. a "quiet" song on an album will still sound quiet compared to the rest of the album). When you play a mixed playlist, each track is adjusted individually so each track sounds about the same volume (like on the radio).

You missed it.  ;)  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up