INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on differences in audio quality in playback between external USB HDD's  (Read 956 times)

JohanJooste

• Junior Woodchuck

Afternoon - thank you for a great product in JRiver MC - been a fan since version 18 and wont use anything else.

Recently tried and tested couple external USB HDD's and found that a dual drive NAS system USB 3 interface sound dull
as apposed and compared to single drive USB 3 interface external storage devices.

Since my USB DAC interface adapters are USB based I stuck with this interface on the external storage as well.

Note all other hardware stayed the same, just swapped the external drives. At first I though my mind was playing tricks
but could clearly hear differences in sound stage and clarity on well known tracks.

Could anyone in the MC universe advise why this could be the case ? Your thoughts please. Tx JJ

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

try loading those track into memory and see if there is difference (there should not be any)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up