INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to formulate rules for custom library view?  (Read 726 times)

ferrarabrainpan

• World Citizen
How to formulate rules for custom library view?
« on: May 29, 2019, 10:56:15 am »

I have done this successfully before by creating a rule that the filepath contains "HI-RES" to show those files which are in a main folder with that name and it has worked. I created additional library views by specifying the file type, so as to separate my DSD from PCM hi-res files.

Now I am trying to create a library view to display all my surround audio files. I can add a tag field such as Grouping to those files and type SURROUND in that tag field, and then create a library view with a rule that Grouping contains SURROUND and that should work, but it does not. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I suppose I could also do this by creating a rule specifying all files with >2 channels, but the thing is that I have one or two albums that contain a mix of stereo and different surround formats, and I want all the tracks in that album to be included in the library view because I don't want to omit the stereo tracks in the album based on such a rule. That is why I ought to be able to apply a Grouping tag of SURROUND to all the files in that album folder and have the library view display it.

How do I go about making this work?
"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

ferrarabrainpan

• World Citizen
Re: How to formulate rules for custom library view?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 12:14:11 pm »

Okay so I played around with this and for some reason the library view rule will not recognize Grouping as a tag (although it is included in the dropdown menu in the Edit Search window for creating rules in the Customize View options). When I typed "SURROUND" into the comment tag and created a rule based on that, it shows the files which have that tag. I like to use the comment tag for other purposes, but I guess this is a workaround. So long as the tag field contains the word "surround" then those files will appear in the custom library view. Problem solved, more or less.
"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel
Pages: [1]   Go Up