INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: “There is nothing to play”  (Read 1078 times)

tasar

• World Citizen
“There is nothing to play”
« on: May 30, 2019, 09:37:32 pm »

How long before OS users can expect to hit “play” from user playlists ? Does this problem imply all playlists are being built from PC users alone ? What gives ?

tasar

• World Citizen
Re: “There is nothing to play”
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 09:40:14 pm »

How long before OS users can expect to hit “play” from user playlists ? Does this problem imply all playlists are being built from PC users alone ? What gives ?

Does ICloud need to be enabled, thinking is this is a JRiver space addressed directly with WiFi connect.

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 10:22:26 pm »

Downloaded 25.62 (shows up as version “27” in Apps) hoping cloudplay would function, but upon successful follower file downloads, play still results 8n prompt, “there’s nothing to play”. Is anyone successfully using Cloudplay outside JRiver Radio which seems to function albeit with much latency ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 02:39:06 am »

You may want to mention Cloudplay in your thread title so it will get some attention. It took reading to your third post to know what you were talking about.

There is a MC25.0.65 version for the Mac now. Probably a good idea to get it.

Most fixes in the Windows version seem to be in the Mac version though, at the moment. Even in MC25.0.62. So you probably have some other issue. But the “There is nothing to play” problem was fixed some time ago in Windows, so the fix should be in the Mac version.

Also, read the official Cloudplay threads. They provide lots of information.

PS: Cloudplay has nothing to do with iCloud or WiFi "connect" (I assume you mean WiFi Direct?). Anyway, Cloudplay isn't a Windows only thing.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 07:49:20 am »

Sorry for not being clear. Guess I’ll argue Cloudplay playback outside JR Radio, is not yet server deliverable.

Below from another thread just the other day

“Cloudplay for Mac (and Linux for that matter) need server changes that aren't finished yet.
MC will work for Cloudplay from the Mac when those changes are ready.”

Again, despite most recent version, the playback que allows cloud playlist downloads, but playback fails.....”nothing to play”

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: “There is nothing to play” in Cloudplay on Mac
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 05:58:09 pm »

Yeah, it is still a work in process by the look. In addition to the comment you found from June 22nd 2019, there is this below.

"Sorry for the troubles.  We are aware of several problems with Cloudplay on the Mac and Linux platforms.  We will have a fix out sometime in the next couple of weeks.  I'd suggest waiting until you see something in the release notes for a new build about fixing the Cloudplay issue.  Again, sorry for the delay and I hope you'll re-visit when it's been fixed for Linux."
May 30 2019  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120167.msg835681.html#msg835681

So fixing the Linux/Mac Cloudplay server issues must be taking a while.

Even on Windows, playback from a browser still isn't supported, as noted in other Cloudplay threads.

"You can also log in from a browser by visiting https://user.jriver.com .  The play button doesn't yet work, but it will soon.  We also expect to add playback from JRiver for Android."
June 15 2019  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121039.msg836743.html#msg836743

"Playback will work from a browser
Coming soon."
April 3 2019  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120166.0.html

But on Windows, if I click the play button both Chrome and IE will download the playlist. I can then import or just play that playlist in MC. Double-clicking it plays it.

Try that on your Mac. Or maybe you are already aware of that process, given your first post.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 06:35:42 pm »

It's harder than it looks.  :-\

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 06:32:25 am »

.....and this from most recent JR mailing,

“NEW: Cloudplay and Radio JRiver -- Lossless Streaming
You can now play more than 1000 playlists with almost 70,000 lossless online tracks.  These tracks are also used for Radio JRiver, so you can select stations of jazz, classical, rock, eclectic, or random, all in lossless quality”

No way of knowing which of the “Radio” files are from Cloudplay contributors, but it would seem these are cross platforms such that if “Radio” plays within Cloudplay, why not user lists ?

Play Doctor will finally give us the “Spotify” feel, it would be great if it went outside the JR universe of files, but that would be cost licensing prohibitive.

For now, I think it best JR refrain from news letters implying playback features not yet realized. ITune readers will not be impressed !

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 10:54:31 am »

A little “mea culpa”.
I went to Panel and noticed Cloudplay now on the menu and sure enough there’s the playlists downloaded in the Cloudplay users que..... yes they play from Panel. So a light went off and I went back to my McBook and now see the playable downloads listed in the playlist tree. Ok, so the missing link for me was the user download files, although viewable, are not playable from the user gue ie “nothing to play”.

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 07:47:50 am »

Tried creating a playlist from Cloudplay playback, making multiple entries, only to find it was not saved when I went back to tree to search for it
Pages: [1]   Go Up