INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Info about Set the active zone for WDM/ASIO driver Live playback?  (Read 999 times)

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi. I have issues with IPC from WDM occupying Player zone and playing new songs from uPNP won't work. I'm searching for solution to replace IPC with new uPNP songs.

I found this option "Set the active zone for WDM/ASIO driver Live playback" but I have no idea how it should work. I searched around and no clue so far.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Info about Set the active zone for WDM/ASIO driver Live playback?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 06:25:21 am »

If you're trying to use UPnP, did you read the wiki topics?

Ignore IPC.  You just see it when nothing is playing.

Turn off WDM until you get UPnP working.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 06:43:06 pm »

A more basic question to this topic:

What does the option "Set the active zone for WDM/ASIO driver Live playback" do anyway? (The German translation of the line makes no sense to me...)

Thanks in advance!
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 07:51:26 pm »

What does the option "Set the active zone for WDM/ASIO driver Live playback" do anyway? (The German translation of the line makes no sense to me...)

It is a bit cryptic, even in English. The Release Notes said;

[/quote]24.0.62 (11/13/2018)
11. NEW: Added an option to allow Live IPC playback (WDM/ASIO driver) to fully engage ZoneSwitch and switch the current active zone, so that remote control/volume media keys work with it, among other things.[/quote]
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes

Which still leaves a bit to be desired in clarity. There is a bit of a hint here;
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117707.msg814158.html#msg814158

and in this thread;
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112899.0.html

But I don't have a scenario to describe when to use it, and when not to use it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 03:46:49 am »

I think this setting basically means IPC should act like any other library item when it comes to zoneswitch whereas turning it off introduces some special case behaviour for it. The second thread covers some cases where this is relevant.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 04:45:02 am »

I think this setting basically means IPC should act like any other library item when it comes to zoneswitch whereas turning it off introduces some special case behaviour for it. The second thread covers some cases where this is relevant.

This sounds about right. With the option off, Zone Switch with IPC will not set the active zone, just redirect the IPC playback to a different zone in the background - unlike Zone Switch with any ordinary files.

There are cases where you want this "off" behavior, I suppose, but personally, I found it much more logical to have Zone Swich with IPC also set the active zone, so that global media keys work on the right zone for volume changes etc, because all I use IPC for is playing stuff like Netflix etc, and I like being able to adjust volume. :) Hence, I introduced that option.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up