INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default Search Location  (Read 351 times)

bennyd

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Project Leader
Default Search Location
« on: May 31, 2019, 02:30:28 am »

Maybe this behavior is changed and I just overlooked it, so sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere already:

In previous versions of MC (eg. 24) when clicking ctrl-f for searching my music, it would switch to the top view in my tree so I could search my complete library and not just the selected view.
With MC25 it remains in the selected view which I don’t like.
The same is applicable to ‘Locate in Library’, which then just tries to locate in the current view.

Is this a setting somewhere (I did search already) I can change so it by default searches in the complete library ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Default Search Location
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 08:40:12 pm »

For me, if I'm looking at an album and hit Ctrl+F, it switches to the root albums view.  The same if I'm looking at an artist.

If I leave and hit Ctrl+F, it looks at whatever view I was looking at last in the library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 12:23:26 pm »

Is this a setting somewhere (I did search already) I can change so it by default searches in the complete library ?
I would prefer an option to always search my entire library as well.
Thanks!

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 03:08:28 pm »

Full library search has come up before. There was a long discussion, lots of older users didn't want this and preferred the current last view search behavior.

I think it makes a lot of sense to have full library search as the default behavior. This is how most search functions work in applications and online. It's useful and the expected behavior for a new user.

If possible, you could keep an option for older power uses to have last view search remain as the default behavior.
Pages: [1]   Go Up