INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full exit at the end of playback or when pressing stop (external player)  (Read 954 times)

Manni

• Galactic Citizen

I'm using JRiver as an external player from a front end and I can't find a command line option that would ensure that when playback ends, or when STOP is pressed on the remote or GUI, MC fully exits (same as pressing ALT-F4).

Is there such a switch for the command line, that can be added when launching MC.exe to play a file, and if not could it be added?

When I press STOP on my remote, I go back to standard view and I have to exit JRiver manually. T

Then, often, the next playback doesn't work because some part of MC is still in memory and prevents the next title to play.

Thanks!

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Don't think that option exists though not sure why playing another file would be problematic either, how do you trigger playback in the first place?

if you want to extend your stop command (assuming it is programmable remote) then you can try MCC 20007

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands#File

Manni

• Galactic Citizen

Don't think that option exists though not sure why playing another file would be problematic either, how do you trigger playback in the first place?

if you want to extend your stop command (assuming it is programmable remote) then you can try MCC 20007

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands#File

The stop command in my programmable remote works fine, but it doesn't exit MC, it sends me back to standard view.

Then, if I ALT-4 that (the stop button won't help) I do get back to the front end, but first it's clunky, and second MC often leaves behind some processes that mean that the next time you call MC as an external player, nothing happens.

By the way, I've solved this problem when using iRule, my issue is with my Denon universal remote. I can get it to emulate an MCE remote, but I can't program it to send a specific command. This is why it would be great to have an option in the command line that ensures that MC closes fully after playback when it's called solely as an external player, when playback ends or when you press STOP (or BACK) on a remote.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

second MC often leaves behind some processes that mean that the next time you call MC as an external player, nothing happens.
That sounds more like a bug to me (hence asking how exactly you call it)

Manni

• Galactic Citizen

That sounds more like a bug to me (hence asking how exactly you call it)

It doesn't matter if there is a bug or not. It won't change the fact that when you press stop on the MCE remote, it sends you to standard view instead of leving the player and cleaning everything up behind it.

This is why a startup option is needed (as it doesn't seem to exist) so thatr when JRiver is launched as an external player from the command line, it can exit cleanly when the playback ends or when STOP (or BACK) is pressed.

Anyway, I've resolved the issue by changing the registry using the front end (CMC) so that the RED button closes the app (same as ALT-F4). I then programmed my Denon Universal remote (using the learn feature with my MCE remote) so that it sends a "RED" command when STOP is pressed, which cleanly closes JRiver.

So my personal situation is resolved, but I still think that there is a case for a startup switch that would achieve this more elegantly. It would make the use of JRiver as an external player much easier. It's up to the devs if they want more sales that way or not. The current behaviour is NOT good when JRiver is used as an external player. The user shouldn't have to use the workaround I've found. Plus not everyone has a universal remote with a learn feature, or a front end that can change the registry settings easily.

Thanks for your help :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up