INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request...  (Read 974 times)

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
Feature request...
« on: May 14, 2003, 02:00:49 am »

...Or area to improve

Please make the Cover Art less locked into the JRiver system of the 'covers' folder...

I know that MC can import art from the source file folders but I dont see anyway of telling the app that this is the way I work and to also store downloaded cover art in album folders...

Also when the app checks for cover art online, it seems to do this for albums I already have artwork for and download artwork (putting it in the single folder system) and then links albums to this new (often wrong) artwork breaking my links... This then all needs to manually fixed and is a genuine PITA if you let it trash a large collection...

I really believe that most people store artwork in album folders rather than a single application specific folder and MC should be able to work to this structure... A simple checkbox for store artwork in source file location or similar should modify the way the app behaves...  

Perhaps this is a setting I am missing... Perhaps this has changed in the last couple of builds... Perhaps I have just been dumb at this... However I see a lot of questions coming back again and again about cover art and I think this mostly relates to not storing in source folders and / or renaming to folder.jpg (which does not bother me)...

Hope you see this as 'constructive' rather than 'criticism'
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

nila

Re: Feature request...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 08:30:26 am »

Phat - Use Album View - it will find and then let you save the cover art a lot more easily.

It'll find all your cover art no matter where it is and then save it to your folders for you using whatever naming scheme you want.

For covers it totally wins hands down.

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 10:29:26 am »

This is the little problem that has me trying to reorganize my cover art and led to me start the "Is there an easy way to do this?" thread.

I've found 62 tracks that are linked to MC's cover art directory and I didn't link any of them.

Nila, although I agree that Album View is a fine piece of work, I think this problem should be sorted from within MC and not by purchasing third party software. Especially if you're not able to.  ;)

Cheers.

Marra

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 01:36:15 pm »

I agree with PhatPhreedy - cover art storing needs improving in MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up