INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it safe to delete my entire “JRiver Conversion Cache” folder?  (Read 903 times)

CopenhagenLove

I have all my music in uncompressed WMA-files on a secondary SSD in my laptop.

On my primary SSD, a folder called “JRiver Conversion Cache” has been created, and it takes up a full 100 GB. This folder seems to consist exclusively of music files in FLAC-format.

Can I delete this folder without consequence for anything but the duration of future conversions to my phone?
Can I set my conversion cache settings to “None (do not create cache)” without problems?
Will a total deletion of the folder, in any way, affect the library information on my PC?

I very rarely update the music on my phone. I’m pleased to listen to the same old stuff year after year.

Thank you for your help

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is it safe to delete my entire “JRiver Conversion Cache” folder?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 01:51:25 am »

You can delete the contents of the conversion folder without issue. Don't delete the folder itself if you may use it in the future.

Yes, you can change the conversion cache settings to “None (do not create cache)” without problems. If you do that, you can probably delete the conversion folder itself.

MC can convert without using the cache. The only issue is that the Handheld Sync will write directly to the device when it converts, I believe. So the sync may be a bit slow, as will depend on the write speed to the device. There is a small chance of issues, if the device is very slow, but if there is a problem it will only break the synced files, not the originals or anything in MC.

Go ahead.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CopenhagenLove

Re: Is it safe to delete my entire “JRiver Conversion Cache” folder?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:45:57 am »

Brilliant! Thank you. It’s done!
Pages: [1]   Go Up