INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library On NAS  (Read 382 times)

Witterings

Library On NAS
« on: June 09, 2019, 04:58:25 pm »

I've only just downloaded JRiver on a friends recommendation, My laptop doesn't have a huge amount of disk space and I have my music stored on a NAS.

The tutorials I've looked all seem to infer that if I point the library to the NAS it'll download a copy to the local machine taking up valuable disk space.

Is there any way I can avoid this so the laptop holds a display / list of the media available and streams it but doesn't actually download a copy to the local machine??

I appreciate a NAS doesn't have an operating system so probably can't install the software onto it to act as a server ..... I do have one other alternative which is a Nvidia Shield which if there was an App that would work as the server on there could copy my music to it but this wouldn't be my preferred option.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library On NAS
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 05:02:32 pm »

It doesn't copy the content to the local machine, which tutorial makes you think that?

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library might help clarify the difference between the library (i.e. a database of content metadata ) and the media content itself

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library On NAS
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 05:48:51 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Please try the Getting Started link in my signature.  It tells you how to import files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up