INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing [Solved]  (Read 1045 times)

The CasaMan

• Recent member
Crashing [Solved]
« on: June 13, 2019, 04:38:50 am »

If you look back at my previous entries, you can see that I had a reasonably steep learning curve getting my two TV tuners to work correctly with MediaCentre.  I persevered and all worked well for some time.
Then the tuner card went up in smoke.
New card later and the problems have started again.
For a while, the programme guide would not load but then just started all on its own after being left in frustration.  Now MC just keeps bombing-out.  Being used as a server and to record TV programmes, I just keep coming back to it only to find that it is not active and has died again.  The following is an extract from Windows Security and Maintenance:

Source
Media Center 25

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎13/‎06/‎2019 08:39 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:   C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\Media Center 25.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
Application Name:   Media Center 25.exe
Application Version:   25.0.48.0
Application Timestamp:   5cf57f5e
Fault Module Name:   JRTelevision.dll
Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:   5cf57eb3
Exception Code:   c0000005
Exception Offset:   00000000002a08e1
OS Version:   10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:   2057
Additional Information 1:   387a
Additional Information 2:   387ae198ef6c4ea5b2548cf9da227cec
Additional Information 3:   305e
Additional Information 4:   305e91bd084734762dde2706af9655a5

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:   d34d4719c0bf9f84990a9487cbd84eb5 (1804417911676751541)

I attach a log file if it may be useful.
I confess to being at a loss again on this one and hope that someone has some ideas.......

Tim

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Crashing
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:59:50 am »

What Tuners do you have?
I noticed an entry for a TBS 6902, but couldn't see another one?
Did you mean you have 2 tuner cards? or just the 1 card that has dual tuners?

What version of windows are you running it on? I notice from the TBS forum, someone had issues with running it on a 64bit version of Windows 7, but said it worked absolutely fine on Windows 10.

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 12:17:37 pm »

Yes, its the TBS 6902.  A single card with two tuners.
I've had two now as the first one blew up!  Strangly the first card gave me no problems apart from expiring.
The new card keeps coming up with 'error' in the Status dialogue.  Re-starting windows fixes this (temporarily).
I set up recordings and the following day find that they have been missed and MC has crashed.
Using 64bit Windows 10

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 02:49:28 pm »

As an over-the-top way of trying to rule out other potential issues....
Have you tried uninstalling it in device manager (and removing driver) and re-installing.
Then doing the same again (if it doesn't resolve it) and trying in a different pci-e slot?
Just to try and rule out potential hardware and/or windows software issues to ensure the error is specific to JR.
Does it work in other software (dvb dream for example)?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 04:04:57 pm »

I have looked through your log file and did not see a "crash".  Were you seeing a "hang" instead?  The log file abruptly ended, but there was no crash dump involved.

Anyway, I saw one problem in the log file.  One of the two recordings (that started approximately at the same time) ended up not getting signals so there was a time-out error, and MC tried to release the tuner when the log file ended.  This could be caused by either a signal issue, or a hardware issue with your tuner.  Are you able to play that particular channel (instead of recording it)?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 07:55:34 am »

I strongly suspect that MC can tell when your blog has been opened and technical issues are being discussed because since I sent my first comment on this latest thread, it has been working fine.

To tunes0710, I say thanks, and should the problem happen again, I shall try your suggestion (actually, I have deleted the device and re-installed it again from Device Manager and at the time, this did not help).  Trying a different slot I agree would be a good idea.  I’ve not tried DVB Dream but at $49, I’d prefer to get MC working!

To Yaobing, thanks again for your intervention.  Yes, I can watch that channel but, of course, all seems to be working (at the moment!).  As to the ‘crash’, ‘hang’ issue, I can only go on what Windows tells me and that was a ‘crash’.  I also found it significant that the Status dialogue would say that both tuners were showing ‘Error’.  Re-starting Windows would solve this.  Why this has now stopped, goodness only knows!  Fingers crossed.

I’m reluctant to touch anything just now, as all seems fine.  One thing I will say though, is that since the new card, I am not capturing anywhere near as many channels (including some of the ‘core’ HD channels) but I keep forgetting to do a scan later in the evening when some channels come on line.  I reserve judgement on that one until I can remember to get round to it!

Thanks again folks.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up