INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 25 will not wake up gracefully after computer goes to sleep  (Read 757 times)

FrankP1953

• Recent member

I'm using MC25 on my new Dell XPS 15 9570, together with my Synology NAS. When I put my computer to sleep, and then wake it up and try to resume playing a selection in MC25, either MC25 freezes completely or it plays a few seconds of whatever was in queue and then freezes completely. I have to close the whole thing, it sends a report to Microsoft, and then I have to reopen MC25, reset my window size, etc.

On my previous computer I used to be able to either resume playing or - if that failed - press the stop button and then restart the selected track. On the very rare occasions those didn't work, I could gracefully exit MC25 and restart it gracefully. Any idea(s) what to do to get my sleepy new computer to wake up gracefully?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

When it freezes, try waiting.  The NAS drives may be spun down. 

FrankP1953

• Recent member

I'm not normally a patient person, but I made a special effort on several occasions to see if I could out-wait the problem. Doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Thx

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

When you say "resume playing", are you pausing playback or stopping it before the machine sleeps.

Try changing your NAS settings so it doesn't let drives sleep, just to test.  Narrowing down the problem would help.

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen

Also check your network settings on the Dell.  A couple of my machines are very slow at re-establishing network connectivity after sleeping.  I have not been able to work out why.  That would affect getting data from the NAS.  Can you resume playing if it is local file?

Other things to check
  • Wired or wireless?
  • Static IP address, DHCP or DHCP with reserved IP?
  • If DHCP - how long is the lease?

FrankP1953

• Recent member

It may well be related to credentials on the Dell - I finally managed to get the mapped network drives to reconnect automatically after sleep or reboot, and in a first test MC25 at least allowed me to do what I used to do (stop the track, then play from the beginning).

For stevemac: wired, static IP address - but as I mentioned, problems until recently with the credentials.

Let's hope this was connected to the credentials issue. Thanks to both for the ideas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up