INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to set samplerate for ASIO Live In?  (Read 870 times)

cyberkul

• Recent member
Where to set samplerate for ASIO Live In?
« on: June 18, 2019, 07:22:23 am »

Hi!
I`m trying to play vinyl through two mic inputs of my RME UFX interface. I want to play through the JRiver convolution engine, with filters generated by Audiolense for  XO, RIAA etc. I want to use 96kHz/24 bit for sampling the analog input, but where do I select this? In the Windows Recording Devices -> RME MIC INPUT 11/12 properties there are options for 44.1 and 48kHz, but not 96kHz. In the Windows Playback Devices ->JRiver 24 MC there are also option for 96kHz, but only at 16 bits.

When select Open Live -> ASIO Line In in JRiver  the only option is channel and offset. It seems that it doesn`t matter what I put here, I get sound anyway, and it seems that it plays through JRiver as it should. But only at 48kHz.

I guess that Windows resampling is avoided as long as I`m using ASIO?

There is also the ASIO control panel for the UFX, where I can set samplerate. But 96kHz jumps back to 48kHz as soon as I press OK. Probably because of the Windows properties?

I have searched, but have not found a guide that covers setup of both Windows, JRiver and RME..

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Where to set samplerate for ASIO Live In?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 08:19:42 am »

The asio line in dialog has a sample rate option doesn't it?

If you also output to that device then the output also needs to at 96 as you can't put one device into two sample rates

cyberkul

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 01:17:05 pm »

Thanks!
Hm.. I`ll look again in the line in dialog???
Does the Windows Sound properties also have to be set at the same sample rate? Is it correct that Windows resampling doesn`t take place when using ASIO driver?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 01:37:14 pm »

Windows is not involved in asio at all so the sound device property is irrelevant. It is common for such devices to expose a windows audio device that sits in top of the same underlying driver but if you talk asio then you avoid that completely.

cyberkul

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 02:55:10 am »

Windows is not involved in asio at all so the sound device property is irrelevant. It is common for such devices to expose a windows audio device that sits in top of the same underlying driver but if you talk asio then you avoid that completely.

I had overlooked the option to set samplerate in the ASIO Line in in the JRiver S/W. I could select 96kHz samplerate, but I got an errormessage that I think meant that there was a mismatch between input and output samplerate. After opening the Playback Devices dialog in Windows, and returning to JRiver it suddenly worked, and 96kHz was reported both in the RME TotalMixFx and JRiver! Not sure what the fix was.. It least it works, and I can use the RME UFX both for input and output ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up