INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - Lock Tab Views when switching libraries  (Read 484 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request - Lock Tab Views when switching libraries
« on: June 20, 2019, 01:43:06 pm »

I now have v25 in test and noticed that the same old behavior is present. If I change local libraries (Say from Master Library to mobile Library) - MC simply forgets what tabs were open in each library and opens a series of defaults starting with taking me to the JRiver Media Center Web site.

Is this ever going to be an option (Save Tab Views or Similar?) Just wondering why you would want to make the user have to re-do all the tabs they want to see each time they decide to switch over to another library?

Appreciate any insight into this.

Cheers,

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Feature Request - Lock Tab Views when switching libraries
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 02:17:33 pm »

Try changing the setting for Startup.  Sounds like you have it set to the default Start Page.  Try Last Location.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 06:17:22 pm »

Views are tied to and saved in the Library.
The Startup options are set by MC installation, and not tied to the Library.
When MC can't, for any reason, load a View on a tab, it loads the Start page. One obvious reason a View can't be loaded on a tab is that the View doesn't exist in the Library just opened, or isn't identical in the new Library.

You can save tab layouts and Views used using the "View > Load / Save View" top menu in MC Standard View.
Any layout saved using those functions is saved to the MC installation, and not the Library.
Even if you load a saved tab layout and each tab has a standard (default) View, MC doesn't always load the standard View. Although maybe with my testing I had modified the default View at some time, so it may have been flagged as modified, therefore different, therefore can't be loaded and mean the same thing as the default View.

A possible, though not a completely foolproof solution, would be to allow the "Startup Interface > Location" option to be set to a saved tab layout, by name. But as above, this may not always work for all tabs, and it would increase the load time when changing Libraries, possibly considerably.

So the simple solution is to use the "View > Load / Save View" top menu to load the layout you want, after switching Libraries.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 10:40:59 pm »

So the simple solution is to use the "View > Load / Save View" top menu to load the layout you want, after switching Libraries.

Works perfect! Thank you.

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up