INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add to Playing Now Still Broken  (Read 1408 times)

MRjr

• World Citizen
Add to Playing Now Still Broken
« on: June 22, 2019, 12:54:07 pm »

With 25.0.57 the 'Add to Playing Now' toolbar button is still broken. The last version that it worked correctly is 25.0.37.

Please fix the function or remove it!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Add to Playing Now Still Broken
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 10:54:03 pm »

How is it broken for you? You may wish to explain a bit.

For me, I have just noticed that it adds the whole Album to Playing Now, even if I just select one file, and then it immediately starts playback, even though my setting at "Options > General > Behaviour > Start playing when files added to Playing Now" is unchecked. It also replacing what is in Playing Now, rather than adding to it.

Is that what you are seeing?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 07:06:39 am »

Seems to be working fine for me, I can't get it to add a full album when only one file is selected for addition and it doesn't start playing it until I select play.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

MRjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 01:15:11 pm »

See Images:
PlayList.pdf is an example of a playlist I created. Note the order.
PlayingNow.pdf is the Playing Now List after using the toolbar button to add the tracks. Notice that it shows all tracks ordered by artist. Also, as noted it starts playing immediately.

Also, as noted a single album added by the toolbar button is put into the playing now list but if another album is then selected and put into the playing now list, it replaces the current album.

This is completely different from previous behavior.

If all actions, above, are performed by a Rt-Clk and selecting "Add to Playing Now", the behavior is correct (i.e. the playing now list is the same as the Playlist listing.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 06:18:26 pm »

As it is working for you BigSpider, what version of MC are you on?

I do use that button, but not as often as I thought apparently, if it has been broken since MC25.0.37. Plus I don't use it with Playlists.

Hopefully, this one will get some attention soon.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 10:30:45 am »

This will be fixed next build.  Thanks for the reports.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 06:39:03 pm »

Mea culpa - Got the wrong end of the stick on this one - the toolbar Add to playing now is definitely not working correctly.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 08:18:55 pm »

Mea culpa - Got the wrong end of the stick on this one - the toolbar Add to playing now is definitely not working correctly.

It is now.  ;D

The next public release will have the fix.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 09:02:49 am »

MRjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 01:51:49 pm »

Still not fixed in 25.0.71.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 02:00:26 pm »

You'll need to remove the toolbar button, exit the dialog, then go back into the dialog and add it again.  Then it should start working.

MRjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 01:58:52 pm »

Works as predicted. Thanks...
Milt
Pages: [1]   Go Up