INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming Files from Multiple Artist Albums Problem  (Read 405 times)

Carlosb1978

• Recent member
Renaming Files from Multiple Artist Albums Problem
« on: June 25, 2019, 10:44:00 am »

Have a problem. When I import CDs that are from various or multiple artists (have a lot of DJ CDs where tracks are from all sorts or different artists), MC saves the files not in the correct order.

This isn't an issue if playing from MC as it knows the order to play but not all media players seem to. How do I get it to reorder correctly. Hope I'm making sense. See attachment. Thanks

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Renaming Files from Multiple Artist Albums Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 10:59:01 am »

Have a problem. When I import CDs that are from various or multiple artists (have a lot of DJ CDs where tracks are from all sorts or different artists), MC saves the files not in the correct order.

This isn't an issue if playing from MC as it knows the order to play but not all media players seem to. How do I get it to reorder correctly. Hope I'm making sense. See attachment. Thanks

You should always set the [Track #] as the first value in the filename.

Here's the filename expression I normally use for a three digit track number, which will also sort the disc numbers correctly in the filenames:

Code: [Select]
If(IsEmpty([Disc #],1), 1[Track #] - [Artist] - [Name], [Disc #][Track #] - [Artist] - [Name])

Carlosb1978

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 11:36:21 am »

Hi thanks the reply,

I've taken a few more screenshots so hopefully gives a better idea of my problem (if it wasn't clear)

I will keep trying to tweak the preset setting in order to get the tracks saving in the correct order.

Please feel free to point out my mistakes if you can see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 12:21:35 pm »

In filename in the RM&C dialog, you should have [Track #] first so that your tracks will sort correctly in file explorer and your other media players that don't read file tags.

Code: [Select]
[Track #] - [Artist] - [Album] - [Name]
I'd also recommend using the Disc # field and a variant of the expression I posted above, but this will get you on the right track.
Pages: [1]   Go Up