INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate files on NAS  (Read 395 times)

F Ribeiro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • If it isn't broken don't fix it.
Duplicate files on NAS
« on: June 27, 2019, 06:42:48 pm »

An hour ago my Synology NAS sent me an email saying that my HDDs were reaching their limit.
I thought it was impossible and I made a phone call to my home.

My son said he didn't saved anything to the NAS, and the only strange thing was my living room dedicated laptop constantly blinking the HDD light.

At home, I saw that all my FLAC files were duplicated to the recycle folder (in my NAS), with the same name plus (1).
I mean, if the original file was "original.flac", there was an "original (1).flac" on recycle folder.

So, i checked my living room dedicated laptop, and Media Center was analyzing files, nearly in the end of my 26 000 flac files.

Now, if I try to run Auto Import, the problem is back again.

This problem start after the last update, yesterday.

What is going on?
Help please.

Be patient with my (bad) English.

Fernando Ribeiro

JRiver Media Center 25 PC and MAC | PC: Dell Latitude E5250 - Windows 10 Pro | MAC: Mac Mini late 2014 - Mojave | Amp: Classe CAP-2100 | CD Player: Meridian G08.2 | DAC: Naim DAC V1 | Turntable: Linn Axis, Akito tonearm, Adikt MM | Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D28 | Cables: Transparent, Nordost | Server: Synology DS216 Play Raid 1 |

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Duplicate files on NAS
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 09:13:26 pm »

Your files are probably being reanalysed as a result of the new HDCD protocol. In the latest version of MC you can turn this off. An example of an update which looks good but needs a bit more investigation of it's possible impacts before being released to the public at large, What I might call the 'Microsoft Mentality'. Instal MC 25.070 to prevent further disruption.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up