INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing a custom checkbox tag/field in Theater View  (Read 777 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Editing a custom checkbox tag/field in Theater View
« on: June 29, 2019, 08:45:02 pm »

I have a custom user field (type: checkbox) that I would like to edit via Theater View. Is it possible to add this field to the Theater View tag editor so that I can edit it? It does not appear as an option in the Tag menu field list although my other custom fields that are strings do appear.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Editing a custom checkbox tag/field in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 10:10:37 pm »

Yep. I found and reported that what I thought was ages ago, but was actually just last October.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=117975.0

This question has been left unanswered. It would be nice if this could be implemented.
Could MC be made to toggle "Check" edit type fields?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 07:17:17 am »

It would also be nice to choose which tags are displayed in the theater view tag editor, since there are really only 3 or 4 that I would ever want to edit that way (and most are checkboxes), and it would save some scrolling to find them. Maybe a selectable drop down list in the theater view settings?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 07:59:06 am »

It would also be nice to choose which tags are displayed in the theater view tag editor, since there are really only 3 or 4 that I would ever want to edit that way (and most are checkboxes), and it would save some scrolling to find them. Maybe a selectable drop down list in the theater view settings?
Isn't this already there? Or did I misunderstood something? tools>>options>>theaterview>>advanced>>tag menu fields (audio, image video)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 08:15:29 am »

Isn't this already there? Or did I misunderstood something? tools>>options>>theaterview>>advanced>>tag menu fields (audio, image video)

Well I only have three fields checked in that list for videos, and there are about 30 available in the Theater View tag editor so I don't think they correlate.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 08:34:28 am »

Well I only have three fields checked in that list for videos, and there are about 30 available in the Theater View tag editor so I don't think they correlate.
You're right. I'm thinking this is a bug. At least I seem to remember that I have used this before to filter out all the fields which are not necessary to be changed from Theater View

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 07:13:30 pm »

All that setting does is move the selected fields to the top of the list, for easier access. That part is working as intended.

The functional deficiency is that if the field has an edit type of Checkbox, Theatre View won't show it. Matt had a look at it, as documented in the thread I linked to. It would still be very nice if a solution was found.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up