INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripped CD's contain No Artist, Album Name, Genre information...  (Read 394 times)

redmodred

• Recent member

Hi,

When I Rip CD's, they are added to the local library correctly, BUT, when I go to any other machine on my home networks and Import them, those Ripped CD's contain No Artist, Album Name, Genre information... 

If I use VLC Media Player to Open the file, then use Tools and Media Info I find that, yes indeed, the Cover Art Missing, Artist, Album Name, and Genre are BLANK in the file.... When I check files I've Ripped in the past on this computer, those fields are all Populated.

If I Rip them AGAIN on a 2nd computer, they are added to the local library on that machine.  AND, the the FLAC files created do contain all the correct information, Artist, Album Name, and Genre.  So, I checked every setting under Rip CD, File Locations, Encoding and set them to match on Both computers.  But, this still did Not fix the issue.

Hmm, things used to work just fine.....  If I use Audacity to record an LP and then output a FLAC file, Artist, Album Name, Genre are all correct on the local machine  AND any computer on my network I can Import them and all info is there.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripped CD's contain No Artist, Album Name, Genre information...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 07:44:49 pm »

Check "Options > General > Importing and tagging > Update tags when file info changes", on the first PC where the ripped files have blank tags.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Update_Tags_When_File_Info_Changes
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

redmodred

• Recent member
Re: Ripped CD's contain No Artist, Album Name, Genre information...
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 06:28:56 am »

@RoderickGI, that's it, you Nailed it@!!  CD's happily ripping AND storing the Album, Artist Name, and Genre IN the FLAC file store on the hard drive.

Many Thanks....
Pages: [1]   Go Up