INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eternal Problem: Duplicate Files  (Read 337 times)

scanales

Eternal Problem: Duplicate Files
« on: July 03, 2019, 11:17:14 am »

Hi! I need your help. Ever since I download your program several years ago, I'd been upgrading it every year but I can't find a solution to the problem of duplicate songs. First I have bought a separate program to scan and delete duplicates from my drive and apparently I don't have any duplicates after that. Then I deleted my library on the JR Media Center 25  and scan again for files but still I received up to 4 or 5 duplicates of the same songs. I understand I can run the script to find the duplicates in one group but that is tedious work when you have ten of thousands of songs. I am wondering if there is a easier way to delete all the duplicates? Also if you would consider create a plug-in program to find and delete the duplicate songs with one or two clicks. I know is not only me there are a lot of users that have the same problem. Please let me know. Thank You in advance for your assistance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Eternal Problem: Duplicate Files
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 11:22:58 am »

You could look at the Smartlist "Audio -- Task -- Possible duplicates" for clues.  You might be able to sort by the filename to figure out where the dupes are on the drive.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Eternal Problem: Duplicate Files
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 11:24:16 am »

Double check your auto import options.  Don't import from a network share and the same location as a mapped drive, for example.
Pages: [1]   Go Up